Hi there! This is the semi-professional website of Bill Weiss, a systems and operations type currently in Portland, OR. I know it’s not much to look at: notice the above list doesn’t say designer.
I’m always promising myself that I’ll put something more in this space. This is a second step: now it’s not an Apache directory index, AND it’s not just raw HTML inexpertly laid down by hand. I’m using MiddleMan to maintain the thing.
In the meantime, you can find me in a bunch of places:
- On ServerFault as BillWeiss
- At Puppet Labs, my day job. “bV” at that domain will reach me.
- On GitHub as BillWeiss
- Via email tons of places, but preferably “bv” at this domain
Things I’m interested in, and will start writing about here at some point:
- Management! I’m currently super happy managing a team of SysOps here at Puppet. Managing machines and systems is kind of fun too, but people, man.
- Systems and operations, especially the DevOps world
- Automation of the same
- Security of networks, systems, people… anything and everything
I’ve got a GPG key if you like that sort of thing. Email address is the one above.
The key ID:
4B15 D741 D64D 55BF 52AA 2221 75A9 6570 5D05 5836
The entire file is here: bweiss.asc
There’s another attached to my work address.
The key ID:
7CE0 77DB 6D06 EF1C F7E6 2427 EE15 40F0 3379 956C
I have an old key, ID
0AD234B0, which has been revoked. Nothing
nefarious happened, I just lost access to it.
I, in fact, can take Bitcoin, though I don’t know what I’m doing with
1GdZKQWspkUbdqFdBHcNQumiBxPFNmV1GA. Don’t pay anything you owe me
via this address, but if you want to throw a couple of bucks in, go